Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Fashion (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   I need some help!! (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=7836)

Christina_Death1334 10-19-2007 07:52 PM

I need some help!!

OK, here it is:

Problem A: my hair is short, black and curly. When I say "short" I mean a bit below jaw-length. It really compliments my oval face. What product would hold my curls without hardening them?

Problem B: My feet are pretty big (which I hate with a passion). I mean a size 11-11 1/2 in womens, a 10 in mens. Where can I find good shoes in my size? And what kind of shoe wouldn't make my feet look big?

If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated!! :) I'm not so good at this kind of thing.

d.Nox 10-20-2007 08:42 AM

My wife has some advice for problem A (her hair is similar to yours): Most gels will not make your hair crunchy; it's the hairspray that does it. She recommends Noodlehead (available at Sally's); most any gel for curly hair will work. If you're willing to spend a bit more, Biolage's Defining Elixir is her favorite.

I can't help you with the shoes, sorry.

Christina_Death1334 10-20-2007 06:03 PM

Thanks!! (By the way, I love your Nosferatu picture!! That movie is great.)

wonderland 10-20-2007 08:14 PM

Clinique has a really good curl definer. It's been a while since I've worn my hair wavy, so I don't remember what it's called...but they only have one. So it still shouldn't be hard to find. KMS has one that's decent, but you have to be really careful not to use too much. Both really bring out curl and last (even through concerts and beach going, for me), and have a minimal hardening effect.

Christina_Death1334 10-20-2007 09:14 PM

Thanks. Where exactly would you buy that?

emeraldlonewoulf 10-20-2007 10:42 PM

on the issue with the shoes, i can definitely sympathize! (Ladies11 1/2 to 12, mens' 10 1/2) I have narrow feet as well, which compounds the problem, because most mens' shoes run wider. However, I've found that black chuck taylors ( Converse) emphasize narrower feet, and may make wider feet look narrower. What irritates the hell out of me is trying to find nice dress shoes! I can find all these sexy, amazing heels, but not in my size, and most of the time if i can find them, by the time the design is blown up big enough to cover the feet it looks weird.

However, there is a solution if you are in or near a moderately large city: Transvestite shops. I am dead serious! If you think we have trouble finding feminine shoes that fit think how bad it is for the 6ft 4 guy with size 16 feet... and places like that have a big selection in the 9- 12 sizes, because of the frequency of those sizes for guys. A lot of styles will be wider, but not all. They stock WOMEN"S shoes, mind you, but just order from the larger sized end of the manufacturing lines.

Also, I wouldn't worry about big feet.... all the better to walk with, my dear, on those midnight, moonlit strolls... and it just means you have a better foundation underneath ya! And, if you don't mind more risk for ankle injury, it means we can get away with higher heels, due to the geometry of the situation. If your foot is a size twelve, it means the angle for your feet/ankles to be is smaller for a five or six inch heel than it would be for someone who wears a size six or seven. You don't have to be a toe-dancer to get away with those strappy dominatrix heels!

Godslayer Jillian 10-20-2007 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christina_Death1334
Where can I find good shoes in my size?

Don't conform yourself to finding shoes that fit you! Chop your feet to the size you want them to be! That's much more goth.

electrosexual 10-21-2007 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Don't conform yourself to finding shoes that fit you! Chop your feet to the size you want them to be! That's much more goth.

Agreed.Chinese women bind their feet to make them look smaller.

All you need is a roll of duct tape and a pair of silk stockings.

Beneath the Shadows 10-21-2007 12:55 AM

I can't help with the hair. Sorry.

As for shoes, wear something that's a bit narrower than you normally do. Don't go too narrow, or you'll end up hurting your feet. Also, wear shoes with pointed toes.

emeraldlonewoulf 10-21-2007 12:57 AM

erm, sorry guys, no can do. don't want to be confined to a wheel chair. Have you ever seen x-rays of bound feet? Now frame a couple, and THAT would be very goth. or turn dried bound feet into christmas tree decorations, or maybe you could mummify the cut off half and put them on the mantle over the fireplace...

wonderland 10-21-2007 06:35 AM

Clinique you can find at pretty much any department store, KMS is typically at salons and beauty supply shops.

Christina_Death1334 10-21-2007 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian

Hmm...Perhaps I should fetch my axe? Besides, who needs toes anyways?