Thread: Iraq Revisited
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2006, 06:30 AM   #4
CptSternn

Quote:
Hehe... It didn't. 2/3rds of Americans don't find 9/11 funny, don't laugh at pictures of dead US soldiers, and don't consider all Americans to be fat and stupid (of which you are one, if you still possess your dual citizenship, yank).

Ah well. You're back to being a miniscule minority, Sternn. Enjoy your extremism and be proud of your radical beliefs.
First, I have lost almost 3 stone since moving back to the island, and am currently werkin' on me six pack. (damn, I'm lookin' good) But I digress...

My 'radical beliefs' are now reflected my the majority of American's. In a poll taken in the past month...

http://news.**********/s/nm/20060316/...sh_politics_dc

A majority of Americans, 56 percent, believe Bush is "out of touch," the poll found. When asked for a one-word description of Bush, the most frequent response was "incompetent," followed by "good," "idiot" and "liar." In February 2005, the most frequent reply was "honest."

I mean, his approval rating is almost in the 20's, right where his father was before he left office, but this bush still has a few years and no lights on the horizon. That means over 70% of America is against him - and I'm the minority? I mean even the troops have turned against him...

http://www.consortiumnews.com/2006/030406a.html

...and the funny thing is, 85% of them still believe Sadaam was behind 9/11, because thats what they are still telling the troops to keep them there. Of course 72% say they should be going home now no matter what and that the war is no longer worth fighting. Are the troops now un-american since they no longer support the war?

As far as those pics, before I posted them 99% of people here and elsewhere had never seen dead bodies in Iraq as the bush adminstration went through great lengths and expenses to hide all coverage of dead bodies. Now, you see them daily, and look what it's done to the war support. Get a lot more real when you see the truth, and brutality, of what 'war' really is. It's not pretty, and it's not just a word, even though until recently most American's thought of it that way.

Quote:
And yes, kudos on being arrested. As much as you try to brag about it, being arrested and found guilty is still associated with being a fuck up. But being a fuck up is cool, right? I mean, all of your friends over there are doing it. It must be cool! LOL.
Yes, I have been arrested. More than once. And I yes, I wear my convictions like a badge of honour. I mean, we could cite all the other persons in history who were jailed for their beliefs, but that would sound pretincious, placing myself next to them in some type of martyrs list. So feel free to think of all the men throughout time who fought and died for their beliefs, their ideals, and went to jail to fight unjust governments or civil policies, and know that I might never be as influential in my lifetime, I will however still at least strive to live my life in such a way that reflects what I feel inside no matter what the outcome may be or what overwhelming odds I might face.

If that makes me a 'fuck-up', then I am a proud 'fuck-up'.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote