View Single Post
Old 03-26-2006, 06:33 PM   #20
CptSternn

Another article on this. I love their reasoning this time...

http://news.**********/s/nm/20060323/...RpBHNlYwM3NTc-

"There are a lot of dangerous and stupid things people do when they're intoxicated, other than get behind the wheel of a car," Beck said. "People walk out into traffic and get run over, people jump off of balconies trying to reach a swimming pool and miss."

X -

Are you telling me after one glass of wine with dinner you should be put in prison for six months? Thats the law. I'm not saying let people so pissed they can't walk get behind the wheel, just a few lads who have a beer or two at the pub after werk. You know each year the stats go up, and over-all the number of drunk drivers doesn't decrease and the number who cause accidents equal the ame amount percentage wise as they did back in the 60's.

Driving drunk is bad, but what is drunk? 0.08 which is now the national standard is one pint of lager, one shot of a spirit, or one glass of wine. That is what I say is crazy. That is what I help people fight against. Besides, here in Europe the cops are much more leiniant anyhow, if you can talk to them well enough and live close, most of the time they will follow you home and let you off. Tis the advantage of living in townse small enough so that all the cops know you and yer family by name.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote