View Single Post
Old 04-01-2006, 09:38 AM   #11
CptSternn

Also, one other thing there I forgot to mention that they haven't seemed to touch on in that article is the NORAD factor. Google NORAD REMOTE.

Since 1959, NORAD personnel have been installing remote control units in a variety of aircraft and remotely controlling those aircraft in sophisticated aeronautical maneuvers, including combat practice. See "Thwarting skyjackings from the ground," written by Alan Staats for Facsnet, and posted on October 2, 2001. (Facsnet is an education service provided for its reporters by Associated Press.)

I learned about this years ago after watching AIRPLANE and discussing it with a half-cousin of mine who is now a commercial pilot (former Air Force Fighter pilot). If you talk to commerical pilots they will tell you a few things like:

1. NORAD had remote systems in most every major commerical airliner these days so if a senario like in the movie AIRPLANE were to occur, they could remotely land the plane with no issues. Also note there are always backup transponders on all planes, and NORAD tracks all planes even without transponders. Remember, these guys are in charge of tracking incoming emeny bombers, missles, UFO's, etc - all of which don't have transponders - so how was it they couldn't find those airliners? I mean, with the transponders turned off, they could have easily found those plane which were 'gone for 20 minutes'. If you discuss this with any airline pilots, they will tell you how crazy this all sounds.

I mean, if the US can't find a commercial airplane flying around the pentagon for 30-40 minutes how exactly are they supposed to find/stop an incoming nuclear missle?

Just a few more questions they never answered...
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote