Thread: Communism?
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 01:03 PM   #13
Loy

End-Your making a comparisson of two misappropriations of titles. Germany being Fascist? In all actuality, Italy is, and was, the only "fascist" state to ever have existed. Why? Because fascism was the name of the system they created, where the state (and all its sources) are made subserviant to business and comerce. Now, I know it's popular to lump all fucked-up dictatorships into the term "fascist", but to be honest, the closest system we have to fascism in its truest state is Oligarchal america.

Russia being communist? Again, communist only in propaganda purposes, but not in actuality. Yes, Lenin took a lot of ideas from Marx, but he also disregarded quite a large portion of communistic thought (and all the others after him veered further and further away), thus it could very easilly be argued that "communist" russia was never communist in the first place, and the same could be said about every other country we've termed "Marxist".