Thread: Gnet
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2006, 11:50 AM   #27
Ben Lahnger

BADSEED, the quality of posting here IS a reflection on the people who are doing the posting. However, it is faulty thinking to assume that this might be why many of the senior members left. It is precisely the banning and/or departure of those senior members, who used to post the most thoughtful, engaging comments, that has left a vaccuum of quality and substance on these boards.

Also, this is not an open access, equal opportunity forum. It never has been. The site was formed around the literary culture core, and the forums developed alonside that community. The lessened importance of the literary side in recent months does not diminish the intelligence, competence and articulation that is expected from posters here (and I do know 13-year-olds who contribute here with fine grammar, spelling and punctuation.) To accept less is to say that this is just another My Space or Live Journal ... and every1 is welcum 2 talk any way they want 2,, as long as it makes tehm happy!

Yes, I am saying that it is my opinion this is not a place for people of all intelligence levels. I make no allowances for disabilities here ... there are no training wheels. You either contribute the the quality of the discussions here, or you don't.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote