View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 07:35 AM   #1
Delkaetre

*New* Club Thread

I know there was originally a goth club thread, but since it died a death a year ago, didn't do much by way of reviews, and didn't offer any details of any clubs outside of the linked listing, I figured we could do with a new one. I used the search and got nothing, so I assume that this is permissible and I'm not adding a third, fourth, seventeenth 'goth club thread'.
Here you should post
- Your local club's name, location, age limits, and door cost.
- A review of the club and music styles played, including things like how friendly the locals are, if the dress code is observed, whether the drinks are expensive, etc.
- transport to it from other nearby areas (bus routes, good taxi firms) if possible.
If you've been to another club that's not your local but isn't listed here, put it up- the more the merrier. If you visit a club reccommended here, let us know what you thought of it.

My turn first! We have two main goth nights in Northern Ireland, and they take place in the Rosetta Bar, Belfast, located on the Rosetta Road. They're both 18+, though it's not always strictly observed if the doorman knows the underagers. They both start at 9pm and finish at 1am, £3 before ten, £5 after, admission closed at midnight. Drinks aren't too expensive compared to other clubs, but there are no special offer cheap drinks.
Cornucopia- Trad Goth, Industrial, 80s and 'stuff'- 1st Saturday of every month. The bigger night, usually, Corni sometimes has live bands and the locals are pretty friendly if you look a bit lost. The DJs, Verboten and Chameleongirl, are willing to take requests if you get them in early enough, and play a nice varied list with plenty of floor-fillers.
Unity- Industrial, EBM, Bleep and Noise night- 3rd friday of every month. It's a bit smaller than Corni, and can seem pretty elitist sometimes, but the people are worth it- it's a good night for talking to your friends as well as dancing or drinking. The DJs all take requests, especially if you bribe them with drinks, and _encryption_ has DJ'd Edinburgh's Dark City festival this year, alongside infamous bands such as Combichrist. Kinkychaoskitten and kaljerico are our other two DJs, and are usually happy to talk to new people, though kaljerico has a barbed tongue to match any on this forum!

To get to the Rosetta Bar, you can order a taxi to the Rosetta Road from any Belfast firm (numbers supplied in all phone boxes, and black cabs can be hailed from city hall) or take the number 28 bus from the back of City Hall at 8.10pm- it's labelled 'Hollywood Exchange' and takes you past Forestside Shopping centre and a couple of lovely old fashioned graveyards.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote