View Single Post
Old 11-25-2006, 05:37 PM   #1
Neurosis

What Did You Do When You Were a Naive Goth?

This was a popular topic in a former Goth forum I chatted in.

How were you like when beginning to get into the Goth subculture? As in, did you begin following the stereotypes, until you've discovered the real meaning of Goth is for yourself?

Example from myself:

1) I restricted myself to write in only black ink, since I believed I had to embrace my "poetic signatures" with black ink.

2) Anne Rice had gotten to me, and I began to write poems with "advanced", "more sophisticated" words I found in the thesaurus. (which mostly did not make sense at all included in the poem, but the words made the poems sounded more "adult-like" and "mysterious")

3.) I wholeheartedly believed that I had a "natural" ability of night vision, simply because I was a "Goth".

4.) I self-mutiliated myself and tried to act as an insane person.

5.) The only bands I listened to were death metal bands only. (Not that you can't listen to them, but that I thought I was Goth because I listened to them)

This was around when I was thirteen, thinking that I was a real "Goth". What other stereotypical image have you portrayed when you were beginning, as a "BabyGoth"? How do you feel when thinking to the past (ex: embarrassed, ridiculous, memorable)?

Just list anything you have done when you were a "Naive Goth".

--Neurosis
Neurosis is offline   Reply With Quote