Thread: Christian music
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 08:17 PM   #13
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopHaggardDoll
I am so gunna get flamed for this....but...to be honest, it's not just Christians bands.

You see....Satanic bands do it too, i'm personally not a fan of Christianity or Satanism. Both Christian and Satanic bands are just....hypocritical beyond belief.
I believe if you're gunna say **** religion...then **** them all! They're all basically the same! You can't just condemn one religion then say yours is great, especially when both have a book with set rules and some twat in a robe preaching about how awesome that particular religion is. Satanism is ridiculous, yeah! live life how you want! great! Then why do we need Satanism to exist!? It renders itself pointless....live by these rules....but you can live life how you want!
If you need a book to tell you that you can live life the way you want to, then you're pretty pathetic.

Plus, the reason Satanism exists is because of Christianity. Those two religions basically thrive off of eachother (with Christianity it's probably the fear of Satanism...not Satanism itself) but want rid of eachother.

In general, I just don't like music that attempts to promote a certain religion, there are much more interesting subject matters to explore other than regurgitated lyrics about Satan/God.

Of course, these bands can write what they want, i'm not saying they shouldn't be able to....I just don't bloody like it. :P It really fuels alot of anger in me.
There's no such thing as Satanic rock.
As Drac said, the bands just use Satanism as a gimmick.
But I sort of get your drift, only we have to modify some things.
Christian rock (not all, though) is hypocritical.
'Satanic' bands are not hypocritical, but they're nothing than geek dipshits that want to feel badass.

What I do have to point out is this:
You can't just condemn one religion
Yes they can. They're 'satanic' wannabes, not anti-theists.
Plus, the reason Satanism exists is because of Christianity
Not really. The only thing that would have been different is the name. You're thinking of devil-worshipping, not satanism. Although as we're talking about bands, those 'satanic' bands do get closer to devil-worshipping than to real satanism.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote