View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 01:55 PM   #12
Apathy's_Child

Of course not, but Duckman was basically saying it's never ok to interfere with someone else's culture. I'm not sure I can agree with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopHaggardDoll
If you're breaking the law in your country and they arrest you, fair enough. If you go into someone elses country and break the laws of the country you're in and they arrest you, fair enough.
So you don't agree with organisations like Amnesty trying to help people imprisoned in other countries for things like slagging off the government? You don't think they should be campaigning to stop people being stoned to death for things like adultery? What you're saying sounds very nice and tolerant but sometimes people WANT help and I think they should be entitled to it as our fellow human beings. It doesn't mean we're blasting into their countries and ordering people around and it doesn't mean I'm in favour of policing the world, that's overly PC bullshit. It just means I don't think "it's their culture" makes it defensible. The left seems to be more concerned with defending inhumane customs under the heading of tolerance than actually helping the people suffering under them nowadays.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote