View Single Post
Old 05-06-2005, 10:46 PM   #14
MrMaelstrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkie
Don't forget video games, Mael. They're happily handing out a free copy of "America's Army" at the recruiter's offices now and it's avaliable as a free download on the net.
Being a great fan of 1st-person shooters, a friend of mine who's in the portuguese special forces (Rangers) plays that all the time and showed it to me..... WOW, the graphics!!!!!! The only fault I find in it is that the realism means reloads are quite slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkie
...National pride, family tradition, alternative to jail, citizenship, or other? Take your pick, but any way you cut it, initial enlistment is voluntary in this country.
And I for one am all for it.
And I still say that that message shouldn't be conveyed officially in any learning center or religious center.
There are such things as community halls for lectures and I'd say advertising renders them useless today.
Damn it, if today's global politics don't push you away or into military service in your country, then your name must be Terry Schiavo or you've been digging for gold in the desert and don't know shit about life on Earth for the last 5 years.

Your local minister can sermon and lecture all he wants about how good and righteous the war is during mass, but does it seem in good taste to have recruitment activities in a place whose 1st comandment says : Thou Shall Not Kill?
I'm sure you don't have that in churches (do you?). I said it to illustrate my point. I hope it comes across.

Teaching and learning centres are mankinds' frontline in the war against chaos and towards evolution.

I cannot accept the fact that we can't solve differences in a more rational and less macho-neanderthal way.

I will fight for no nation, but I will die for any man, woman or child.

Maybe some day you'll join me (metric system and drugs are optional. Nudity is not! :roll: ).

I'm done here.

Sorry if my two cents are the wrong currency. :cry: