View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 06:37 PM   #9
TheLaughingCorpse

I've had people take pictures of me before. It was actually rather flattering.

I try to be patient and just laugh when I get questions or stares as, after all, if you dress out of the ordinary even somewhat you have to expect such situations. Plus I hate yelling and getting angry (gives me a migraine) and I don't want people to gain an even more negative view. If they insist on being an a-hole after talking with me, well, they're not the brightest crayon in the box anyway and it's no great loss.

"I heard you guys aren't allowed to smile." --Random gangsta guy. Me bursting out with laughter pretty much answered that one.

"Hail, Satan!" --Screamed at me from a speeding pickup truck

"Going to a funeral?" --Drunk college guy on the bus. I almost replied, "Yeah, yours if you don't stop spewing Budweiser fumes my way and leave me alone." But I just smiled and suppressed my crappy mood instead. Being mature is very difficult sometimes. -_-

And oddly, I had a young military man approach me once and shake my hand because I "reminded him of the freedom he was fighting for". I felt guilty after that, like I was sending him to his death. Irrational but there it is.
TheLaughingCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote