View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 10:48 AM   #5
L'Oiseau Noir

Well, from what I gather you live in a village, which generally means a small settlement of sorts (well duh, but I always play Captain Obvious).

Anyway, the reason might be because the people (including your parents) who live in your area probably don't have much exposure to other fashion styles, music, and so on. They might just be doing it because you're different, and people tend to dislike (generally) what's different because they don't fully understand it. I mean, for the longest time people thought the world was flat, and those who said it was round were "crazy."

All I can say is stake it out; when things have cooled, however, sit down and talk to your parents and make them understand you're not some freak. They're your parents, and they love you, and I'm sure they'll hear you out if you earnestly ask it.

I'll be honest though, I don't know how anyone could throw you out. You're just so damn adorable.

Just keep your chin up, my friend. It'll get better.

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote