View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 11:59 AM   #22
ThreeEyesOni

Wait wait wait. I reference one anime, based on it being the first character that came to mind, and you make a point to make some kind of "otaku cred" comment? And for that matter, since you're apparently having to bring it up, considering the big god-awful monstrosities are angels then I'd say that they used the phrase in a pretty literal sense. It's also "Evangelion" not "Evangelist"; it's "Evangelist" that "go around literally Evangelising", to turn a phrase.

And considering that uses and variations on the phrase lo lita go back to the time freaking Lord Byron, all referencing sexuality of pre-sexual or slighty later ages (and often also in reference to a "siren" effect of the on some older guy) then I think there's more than enough precedent as to what the meaning is. It's not exactly a phrase that's going to be used out of context in the same generation as the book which re-afirmed it's meaning worldwide.

Also, what part of the "unwanted sexual advances" part of this whole situation are you missing? But no, there's nothing at all sexual about the clothing style (especialy as how it's worn in the US, let alone referred to as "lo lita") so that couldn't at all be linked.
ThreeEyesOni is offline   Reply With Quote