View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 08:34 AM   #5
A Simple Poet

I actually like the person of Sarah Palin. I just think the Republicans screwed her over by just throwing her into the Vice Presidency without giving her the few years to polish her star, like Obama had after his DNC speech in 2004. If she'd had this time to develop her own view as opposed to regurgitating McCain-speak, she could have been a formidable candidate. If McCain loses, Palin needs to leverage her considerable cult following against her colleagues by increasing her status in her party to the end that she transcends the gender issue and escapes the image of a moose hunting hockey mom.

The Republicans made a grave error and an outrageous disservice to Governor Palin by sexuallizing her with hopes to court women because of her gender and men who might see her as a MILF. If I were Sarah Barracuda, I think I'd be righteously pissed by this. I'll have more respect for her if it ever comes out that she is secretly pissed by this tactic.

All this being said, I disagree with her politics and think that she would be a disaster as a vice president in this current election cycle.

My name is Will ... and I'm back from a glorious feeding.

Will on Facebook ... Identify yourself because I'm a proud, Facebook, recluse.
A Simple Poet is offline   Reply With Quote