View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 09:52 PM   #13
Binkie

Actually the Patriot Act doesn't supercede it, because it has doesn't have anything in there permitting law enforcement and domestic agencies from recording wiretaps in any other manner other than real-time. Meaning the myth that's been circulating about the FBI, NSA, or DHS listening in on every conversation with some computer that picks up on certain words, then begins recording is ridiculous and very illegal.

The GPS beacon is opearating at all times? From... one of the satellites in space? Are you talking about the signal satallites continuously send or are you talking about beacon towers here on Earth, which pertains to DGPS and not GPS? All you have in your phone or car is a GPS reciever, not a radio transmitter. So if it's off, it's unable to compute or recieve the signal. At that point, the signal sent out by satallites is about as useful for tracking that phone or your location as it is for tracking someone's pet rock.

You really think our state department can pull off that operation? First off, it's illegal to do, so have a fun time approving the budget through Congress. Second of all, the cost of the monitoring system alone easily stretches up into the billions. Then the ADDITIONAL manpower (as I originally stated that the FBI does not have, and never will have, the staff to do the operation itself) that it would cost to review each and every recorded call. That's not chump change and would easily pop up when they were audited. Realistically? No, I don't think that could be done without Congress's knowledge and approval or the press being able to track these things through audit reports. What you're talking about would be a MASSIVE government conspiracy theory. And to have that occur while using millions of private contractors? Yeah, I don't think so.

Oh yeah, and your theory about the US Teasury having a field day with printing money... well that just demonstrates how you've failed to grasp the concept of our current monetary system or basic economics. If it's not able to be backed up by metals or some system of scarcity, like it is now, it's worthless. That being said, printing billions and billions of worthless dollars will easily cause massive inflation (which would make printing all of that extra money pointless) and the eventual collapse of the economy by sky-rocketing prices that international or domestic markets can't deal with.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote