Thread: gay marriages
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2004, 09:32 PM   #17
Ravena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStone
This is one of those gray issues, and the lines are a bit stretched.

There is a way to solve the issue without causing too much detriment to either side, but inherently we’re a people who grease the squeaky wheel and forget the wheel that’s traveling along on one lug nut. The one lug nut in this case is an institute that is already flawed, has been since its conception, and has always favored the man in terms of equality.

Still, in the defense of marriage and religion, it’s not an organization I see gays wanting to go into, let alone needing to be a member of. If you want to paint it in terms of beliefs, then it’d be similar to Christians complaining about Hanukah and wanting a piece of that holiday off from work.

Why?

But here is where the gray comes in, the government has established the institute of marriage in such a way as to deny human rights, basic human rights which should be allowed to everyone, and formed an elitists club comprised of all religious denomination and set it against alternative life believers.

Which is wrong.

You shouldn’t have to be a member of the club to enjoy these basic rights, and what I’m talking about is life rights, death rights, taxation relief, and all things of that ilk. What we as a people do to gays is just as abhorrent as what we have done to women, blacks, native Americans, and every people in-between that we set our selves as better than. If the only way the government can reestablish the equality of the gay population, if they are so blind as to the ramifications of the bigotry they have so often shown, then by all means I will support whatever form and unity of a woman and a woman or a man and a man because I am no better than they are.

There’s two pennies.
*Gives you a dime* Keep going...

*Breaks out lighter*
I've had you my way.
Orgy~The Spectrum
Ravena is offline   Reply With Quote