View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 08:07 PM   #58
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows View Post
I've never even heard any such thing. After four c-sections, it certainly isn't the case with my wife.
Your wife is not all people, my cousin almost died while getting a C-section due to complications but that doesn't happen with everyone.

Quote:
No it's not. It's only difficult to prove that someone in particular did it.
I don't know where you got this idea that **** is physically much different from your average every day kind of sex, for most cases the victim is forced to submit either through drugging or threats of violence, not physical force, and even when force is used it doesn't produce any real signatures of ****, it just shows that rough sex occurred, except in the case of extreme minors where the vagina is actually unable to accommodate the size of a penis

Quote:
Dear lord, you just suggested that children ask to be *****.
No she suggested that people take advantage of their trust by manipulating them. Most victims of molestation while they are children don't realize what happened to them until they are much older.

Quote:
Even if they don't fight, or can't, there's still physical evidence of forced penetration.
No there isn't, there is just evidence of penetration as I stated above **** is sex, the average **** doesn't put all that much strain on the vagina and even in the cases where it does many people enjoy rough sex or sex with well endowed partners so there is still no hard evidence of a ****.

Quote:
And you're bouncing between numerous scenarios.
No shit, there are countless possible scenarios, all of which should be taken into consideration.

I also want to point out something that you are overlooking that you may want to think about: most **** victims who do go forward do so immediately after and therefor wouldn't really fall under this bill as they are encouraged to take the morning after pill or after they have taken months to sort through what has happened to them, frequently making it significantly more dangerous for them to get an abortion or even after it has become too late for them to have an abortion, even if they knew from the minute they found themselves pregnant that they wanted an abortion.

Nobody is saying that there shouldn't be a discussion between the two potential parents or that what the man thinks doesn't matter, but that isn't what this bill is about, this bill is about making sure that a woman can't get an abortion without the consent of the man who knocked her up.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote