View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 08:42 AM   #20
Wrath

Quote:
A mental hospital isn't supposed to be about the bare minimums, it's supposed to be about treatment, and therapy. I've seen and heard about jails that provide more services than mental hospitals, not to mention my family had to pay for me to stay at the mental hospital. Tell me, does it make sense for a person to have to pay for less services than one would get at a jail for free? Maybe if the hospital stay were free I would understand it better but it wasn't.
Your paying for housing ,three meals a day,electricity,water and lets not forget round the hour nursing care. Thats what the bulk of money goes to. While it may not seem to be fair I dont allocate what funds go where.
If a family member has a loved one put in said place I do believe its their duty to find out what services and amenities are provided. If they are infact paying.
Jails have more things than most hard working people myself included i'd rater not be distracted by that...

Quote:
The mentally ill are not criminals, and most of the time have done society no harm, yet they recieve worse treatment than rapists
While institutions may not be all happiness and light they are not there to provide people with "creature comforts". While I may agree with this its not for comfort of living these places are there. I Didnt mean to say she even belonged in one,I am not as eloquent with my words as others may be regardless, but fear of going to one is no excuse for not seeking help from a psychiatrist. Help wich she needs.

Quote:
Should the mentally ill start going on crime sprees to get decent care?
Honestly I do believe they do that already then in court claim to be mentally ill or on drugs at the time or drunk ect.....
Perhaps state to state plays a difference in what type of care is given but in the instances I have witnessed i know I hardley had a flat screen tv or playstations at home so yes they did seem better off than me and they got three meals a day when I was lucky to get one Oh and lets not forget they had a washer and dryer where I had to wash my cloths out in the sink because we couldnt afford a laundromat...yeah it was quite horrid.
As I said state to state most likely plays a part but in three different states they seemed better off where they were than most of the people I knew in their own homes.

Quote:
Also what the hell is "the viking"?
I should have said the Hilton but its the same thing here.
Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote