View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 04:25 AM   #46
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetJane View Post
To say that money and power are two different things does not change the fact that those IN POWER have MONEY. But that's also wrong.

In 'peace' the workers are exploited to make the highest profit for the person or person(s) who own the corporations that supply goods during peacetime. They use their money to purchase airtime and advertising space to convince the people that consumption or societal acceptance of their product is the only way to be an active citizen.

It's not the money that controls how resources are allotted; it's the richest tier who own the MONEY and the RESOURCES.

In 'war' the workers are exploited to make the highest profit for the person or person(s) who own the corporations that supply goods during war... Oh, wait, this sounds familiar.

So really, it IS about class.
I would counter, if your argument hadn't gotten completely off topic of the topic of this thread into somthing I dont like discussing. Sort of like a game of dominos, lets say the topic of this thread was 1, my arguments were a 1|2 piece, stern's was a 1|3 piece, lets say yours is a 2|3 piece, I'm sure you have a valid argument, but I like to keep using dominos with 1. Just to note that was just a crude analogy, dont try to think I'm trying to start an argument on that now I'm just trying to express how I feel about where you're going.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote