View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 04:32 AM   #643
Apathy's_Child

It's funny but most of the people I've met (which isn't honestly that many, on or offline) who are into BDSM tend to veer towards the submissive side. I can understand why reliquishing control is attractive to people, but it's never really appealed to me personally. It may even be unusual given my size - I've also noticed a correlation between bigger guys and sub tendencies (again, from the very few I've spoken to, so this may well be a bullshit connection), but I've never felt a desire to be overpowered. I get off on being in control in the bedroom, although this doesn't really extend outside for me - I'm not into the whole 24/7 thing.

I find the whole psychology of fetishism incredibly interesting, but find psychological beard-stroking studies on the subject mostly annoying. Although the stigma has all but gone and paraphilias are no longer treated as mental disorders, there's still a tendency to pathologize, in principle at least, in most the theory I've tried to look at on the subject. I've pretty much given up, and find I get much more out of having a drunken conversation with an intelligent and un-self-conscious person on the subject of their own proclivities.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote