View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 05:16 PM   #27
Ben Lahnger

SweetJane, thank you very much. I haven't asked to be on the anti-depressant meds in a while. They did take the edge off the ADD meds but I find I prefer to manage the depression and other aspects of the emotional roller-coaster ride with natural techniques. And overall, since I could be taking six different prescriptions for this and other things I've been diagnosed with, I've tried to cut back on the meds I take overall. But the ADD medication, well, that just makes such a difference in my ability to maintain focus and do the types of multi-tasking that so many jobs require these days. It really is a boon and I do miss it.

Funny story: When I was first diagnosed, I was prescribed Adderall. My doctor and I refined the prescription to what strength worked best and settled on a time-release formula. And I stuck to that prescription through 3 consecutive doctors. And it wasn't until I got to my current doctor that I agreed to switch to Vyvanse. I found it to be much more effective, and in talking it over with my doctor I discovered that I should have been taking the Adderall TWICE a day and not just once! It would have been nice to know that nine years earlier!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote