View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 12:49 PM   #25
Manimal

There is a point where it becomes questionable. For me I think it'd be anything in the 8 to 10 year range and greater. At that point the difference would so great that there just wouldn't be very much in common to be shared. I couldn't imagine dating a woman ten years older than me. What would I have to offer? Same with ten years younger (or so) - which I have done - they had nothing to offer me so it was never a relationship - they were simply toys. How could I relate to someone who's biggest problem in life is that she got a F in math and mommy grounded her?

Life experience does mean alot. That being said I only know of one couple that are the same age. All of the other couples I know there's a gap of at least a year or two... but the gap is rarely more than five years - and even more rare that the woman is older by five years or more. Dunno what that means really but if age is an issue that you're worried about - then it'll probably break you up. If you'd have not even thought about it as a topic to bring up then it there's no issue.

The fact that it was even brought up at all means that it IS an issue.
Manimal is offline   Reply With Quote