Thread: Cigarettes
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 12:52 AM   #85
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMeDeadly View Post
Standing next to somebody smoking isn't going to irritate your lungs unless you inhale it directly. So next time you see somebody smoking, don't walk up in front of them, and take a big inhale as soon as they exhale, and you should be fine.
No, it stays in the air for quite some time and you can inhale it, you know, smoke is made of matter and doesn't just disappear as soon as you exhale. I can't be around any place that has been smoked in the last hour without getting teary eyed.

Quote:
I mean, shit, I inhale the stuff directly and I still don't have cancer or anything. Not saying I won't get it, but you really don't have anything to worry about.
You're anecdotal information not withstanding, you're not a doctor and can't speak for how smoke affects each and every person and you have no right to say "well it won't kill you" before stinking up the workplace.

Quote:
And I understand that it was also his job, but like I said there are plenty of places he could have went, the only places I had to smoke in were the rain or the shack. He had the office, or the general warehouse, or any of the restaurants and businesses just across the highway, which are all smoke free.
Its smoke free for a reason, and the shack should have been smoke free by all means anyway. He doesn't have to leave because you're a whiner who can't control an addiction for a few hours.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote