View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 05:28 AM   #25
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack View Post
I think if the US institutes the European recycling idea, then the by-products can be used up and there will be a fair bit less waste to worry about.
Might happen after all. I think the usual US policy involved sealing up old plants with waste inside. Then there were plans to build a deep storage facility in Nevada. But according to the company that's going to build these new plants, the Yucca mountain plans were scrapped last year and the Obama administration favours "recycling" which sounds more promising at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin View Post
Just because you think america is the "shit" because your country sucks dick, doesn't mean that I have to agree....
Alan is right, you're gibbering. You have no idea what you're talking about, at all. The US doesn't have the ability to run nuclear power plants. Right. I guess that explains why you earlier said "Texas already having several plants". The country has been active in nuclear research since the end of WW2 (and before if you include weapons). Research that accelerated along with most fields of science in the US during the cold war when everyone realised that those backward people that live on the other side of the map weren't so backward afterall. The French are probably at the forefront of nuclear energy, which I would imagine is why experiments like ITER are being based there, but the US is perfectly capable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin View Post
Oh wait...it has alot of doom because of NUCLEAR shit.
I'm not sure if that's a reference to Fallout 3, or to nuclear power. If it's to Fallout, then the environment in the game is due to nuclear weapons, not nuclear power. If it's to the real world, then you have a fear of the word. "Nuclear" has a stigma attached and that seems to be the entire basis for what you're saying here. It's pretty silly really, even techniques that are widely used and accepted like NMRI make people go crazy, the "N" had to be dropped from the name but nothing else changed. Yet that made all the difference.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote