View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 01:36 PM   #3
triggerhappi26

I think the sad part in all this is that there is truth in it.

I was 14 when my doctor told my mom that I'd never have kids, 5 years later and it still has no impact on me at all. Yet people were sympathetic as if my life had ended because I will not have a child of my own.

A friend of mine from junior high got pregnant and moved in with her boyfriend when she was only 15. They raise that girl together and yes they have to work hard, but I'm sure you wouldn't ever see a happier kid. Yet Lisa was shamed for getting pregnant so young, (not that I condone teenage pregnancy either) but for her to continue to be "shamed" when they do such a good job and have a more functional child than ones I've seen from couples who are married and 30 something.

It shouldn't be the place for outside comment of anyone, church nor family.

I've met women who are married for 20 years and haven't had sex in 12 years.

Yet I know another woman who is actually older than the married one, who has been with her husband 4 years, married for 2 and I've had the "pleasure" of walking in on them.

My parents marriage ended over a lot of issues, one being sex, they had been married 21 years, but the last 2 years, no sex. Added to the fire for divorce.

Do any of us have a right to comment when we are so obviously different. So many different situations. How can we possibly be measured by the same "rules"?
triggerhappi26 is offline   Reply With Quote