View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 01:41 AM   #2557
Ben Lahnger

Just got done watching a broadcast of the opening game of the World Cup Soccer Tournament featuring Mexico versus host nation South Africa (it may have been a rebroadcast, I'm not sure.) How exciting!

It was thrilling to see the South Africans score the first goal of the tournament midway through the game ... what an electric moment for the hosting country and the largely partisan crowd, for a team that was only welcomed back into World Cup play a short 16 years ago. The game ended up tied at 1 all, but it was a fun game to watch and a fine warm up for the United States versus England match tomorrow afternoon.

And, what is up with those high pitched horns the South Africans were constantly honking on? The sound of a whole stadium playing those things made it seem like a swarm of hundreds of 10 foot mosquitoes were hovering over the place for the whole match!

Anyway, what fun!

Also, lots of promotion of the movie The Last Airbender, including ESPN's Airbending Play of the Day (cute). It got me very interested in seeing that movie!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote