View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 05:48 AM   #14
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir View Post
I like how people here will call anyone that doesn't see eye to eye with them a troll.
Think before you speak. Or more importantly, read before you speak.

See this (below) where I posted it above. I believe it addresses your comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
The term "troll" may be debatable, but what qualifies as spam is well defined in the FAQ's and he has been determined to be a spammer by a majority of the people commenting on that question.

Can we all agree that massive spamming qualifies one as a troll? I think so.
I've never had a problem with disagreeing with people here, and do not automatically attach the "troll" label to someone when I do. There are specific times when I pull that label out, and one of them is when a person carpet bombs a site with their ideology in an effort that goes far beyond just expressing themselves and resembles more closely a propaganda campaign. And I definitely call someone a troll if they are bulk spamming the site. In Deadman's case, the trial is already over on that one.

Mir, I do know the label "troll" gets used more often than it ought to around here. I just find it odd that this instance, of all the cases to be made on this site, is the one you decided to speak up about.

Also, I have been called a troll once on this site, or at least accused of "troll-worthy" behavior. It didn't hurt my feelings one bit, I wasn't worried about the definition or the consequences, I carried about my business ... and I'm still here.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote