View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 07:28 AM   #1
Neslyn

That which is evil comes in very small packages...

I'm going to complain a little since this has been on my mind all night... by the by this is about my health. Just so you're warned.

Three years ago I was diagnosed with a Staph infection. According to the Doctor, the reason the staph was not going away was because I was allergic to the infection. She implied that it was no big deal, that it would only take a few antibiotics in order to at least "control it". And though "I might never get rid of it completely" it was harmless.

I took the antibiotics, they did nothing aside from make me sick.

Okay that's a lie, they helped a little...but I was completely immobile while taking them because of what they did to me.

So I went back to natural methods after taking the medicine for several months. I've tried all kinds of the typical, and not so typical, treatments and I've been promised multiple times that this thing will kill it, that thing will kill it or the other thing will. After awhile I pretty much assumed that it was MRSA since nothing was touching it enough to even cut it in half.

Something still didn't add up though. In the three years that I've had it, there hasn't been an outbreak of MRSA in my family, friends, work atmosphere or randomly on the street. The question I had to keep asking myself was why the hell is this not contagious when it should be devastatingly so?

Last night I dug into that clash a lot more than usual. I glanced through some incredibly gruesome pictures and eventually came to the conclusion that I have something called Hidradenitis Suppurativa (or HS). It's the only thing I've ever found that matches every symptom perfectly.

Which means that I was misdiagnosed and actually have a supposedly incurable disease. Heh, at least it's not contagious. XD
Neslyn is offline   Reply With Quote