Thread: Freegans...
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 09:36 PM   #4
d0p3y

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
I don't really feel strongly one way or the other about dumpster diving. And I doubt that a small number of people would really have much of an effect on anything anyway.

However, I fail to see how such a thing would really reduce one's carbon footprint, as the food has already been grown, shipped, stocked and then thrown away... all of the dirty work has been done, whether one is paying for it directly or not.

If it's something you want to do, hell, go for it. Save yourself some money blah blah blah... but... if you're doing it for the environment or for some grand purpose.. please don't fool yourself.. because the people who shop at that grocery store are ultimately paying for it.

I am with you on this one ape, but i am trying to convince "her". I just though that this thread would help me build a better argument against hers so far my argument was that "going freegan" would actually hinder the economy and piss off alot of homeless that do this not because "oprah" said so, but because they have no other choice.

but you bring some good points yourself thanks.

"No todo es blanco o negro, es gris todo depende del matiz..."
(Mago de oz)

"your life does not belong to you, it belongs to the people that love you."
(incognito)

"laying to ones self, is laying to the world"
(incognito)

"El que por su gusto muere, hasta la muerte le sabe."
(incognito)
d0p3y is offline   Reply With Quote