View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 08:21 PM   #184
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Canvas Corpsey View Post
It was stuff like
"What were you doing in that cage?"
"Sitting"

That made me dislike Sten, he KNOWS what the real and not literal question is there (he admits as much later) but he still answers it as such, it was kind of ridiculous.
Fenris does this too! Not in such a bad way, but his Qun influence is noticeable. But Sten didn't really want to talk about his mass murder.

I liked it when he told Alistair he asked people who passed by riddles, and gave prizes to those who answered correctly. He had a wonderful sense of humour, it turned out.

Quote:

Oghren WAS funny but he was a coward for all things emotional, absoloutely stereotypical hetero tough guy male, the likes of which I'm sick of, considering I can claim more masculinity in my pinky finger than most of them in their entire lives.
He was the Gimli to Zevran's Legolas, and I don't think of him as a tough guy. He's a drunk who can't handle his heartbreak. I like that he was layered like that, he puts up a facade and is actually pretty pathetic and doesn't know how to deal with pain. It also had a lot to do with his training as a Berserker, it turned out. He reminds me of when I was a bartender and surrounded by old men who's lives are going to shit and the only thing they can do is drink it away. So I liked giving him a chance to start again, I was actually sad when he became a Grey Warden, I liked the thought of him settling down with that waitress chick.

Quote:
I've never played as a female in DA, ever, well except for a Dwarf Castless girl whom I'm eventually going to use to romance Alistair for the achievement... which will net me the all romances achievement too, then I only have the warrior level 20 and 1000 darkspawn (which doesn't seem to be registering when I get to that amount) achievements to go, since I refuse to do the all endings one.
The differences are subtle, but they're there.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote