Thread: Rant Thread II
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 05:58 PM   #5660
Ben Lahnger

The local NBC television affiliate station here in Houston pre-empted tonight's episode of "The Office" in which Michael Scott (played by Steve Carell, who is leaving the series) makes his final goodbye. It's a landmark episode in one of the most popular series of the day, and they've bumped it to 2:30am ... for a local weather special!

Now if this was Alabama or Mississippi or one of the other states that endured the massive storms and tornadoes over the last couple of days, I could understand it a little. But here in Texas the only thing that's been remarkable has been the near lack of weather. All of the state is experiencing severe to extreme draught - some areas haven't had an inch of measurable precipitation in the last six months. That's not news-worthy or needing of a prime-time half-hour special.

And this wasn't about Texas weather. This program was just a chance for the affiliates top weather-person to expound on how and why these storms raged across the eastern portion of the United States. He was showing off his knowledge. I watched 5 minutes of it just to be sure.

Ego-fed idiocy. Boy, they've pissed me off!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote