View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 06:17 PM   #11
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
She's an idiot for clinging to false hope in the face of reality. She needs to embrace her son as he is. When we found out that both of my children were autistic I got flooded with advice from well-meaning, but misguided people about how McCarthy had 'cured' her son of autism. Instead of trying to figure out how to help her son live with autism she tried to find a cause and then a 'cure'. They may one day discover that there is something in the environment that causes autism. Personally, I think it's just genetics and people need to do the work to help their kids live their life with it.

I can understand the lure of trying to find a cure. It is a grueling task raising autistic children. The fantasy of being able to just wisk it all away with some special diet or cleansing process so that you can raise a normal child(who doesn't need specific routines, schedules and medication) probably overpowers some people's common sense. They need to suck it up and deal with it, though.
I love this youtuber http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkIhx...feature=relmfu . He saw through the bullshit.

Also I'm glad that you saw the through the bullshit too grausamkeit. I don't know if you know, but I and several other on and off members of gnet have some form of autism. On behalf of the autistic community I thank you.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote