View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 06:06 AM   #3889
Ben Lahnger

Flight anxiety is pretty common. Use the need you feel to keep your babybat feeling secure to your advantage ... you CAN put on a brave front.

As far as the internal turmoil, you already know that flying is safer than driving a car, and that your fear or nervousness about flying is a common but irrational thing. Distraction works well. Make sure you both have activities along to distract. Reading is a standard. I actually invested in a relatively cheap pair of noise-reduction headphones from Amazon so I could listen to tunes or watch videos on a flight (with standard headphones it's difficult at best due to the low level engine noise that is constantly in the background.)

If babybat is old enough, a portable video game system like a Nintendo DS is a life saver. I don't know how you keep a younger one occupied on a trip like that, but I suspect you already know the tools at your disposal.

Good luck getting through it without having the babybat drive you up a wall. And I hope you have some fun on the trip.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote