View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 12:18 PM   #4010
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuckooTuli View Post
Sorry to hear about your friend, Grausamkeit. Death is always sad, untimely death even more so - but 52 is young enough to add a whole other heap of sucking on top of both.
Thanks, hun. When someone's personality shines so bright, it is hard to imagine it snuffed out.

Quote:
Also - Twin Peaks is amazing, although I wasn't so keen on the second series. From what I've read, Lynch never wanted there to be a murderer, as such; he always intended the darkness to be like a force that came from the dark side of the town. but the network insisted on there being "a" killer, and Lynch sort of lost his passion for the project once they started laying down the law. I don't recall reading this second part in info gotten straight from David Lynch himself, so the lack of passion thing could be somebody else's interpretation. However I did feel that the first series was superior to the second, which I felt became far more generic and closer to that which the first treated more parodically - the whole love interest for Cooper thing pissed me off.
I disliked the Cooper-mance, too. The fact that he didn't look at women with his dick was something that set him apart from the other guys in the series. He almost seemed to have a child-like innocence and that was ruined by him screwing the nun. It sucks that the network wanted to push for the murderer. I was looking forward to knowing more about the actual 'darkness' that they were talking about in the forest in the first season. I was disappointed in the lack of elaboration on that and the 'bookhouse boys'. I also wanted to know who 'Diane' was and why Cooper kept talking into the tape recorder to her. Did he have a split personality? Did he really get things in the mail from her?

David Duchovny as Denise was great, though. I also liked Cooper's response(or lack thereof) to that character. I don't know if Lynch meant that character and the general nonchalance of the cross-dressing as a statement about acceptance, but I really liked it.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote