View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 03:07 AM   #8
Shadowed Aegis

You do have a point that people/society has started to want everything faster, better, cheaper, easier, etc. with less thought and effort on the part of the individual. There does, however, seem to be recurring theme here however: that politicians are aware of the current state of today's society, and that they're simply taking advantage of it instead of doing something about it.

I mean, look at the hypocrisy present throughout daily life. You have health professionals warning about the dangers of obesity; you have other professionals warning about too much time spent not exercising; and you have politicians clamining that they recognize the problems and plan to do something about them. Yet what happens? Nothing, nearly nothing, or something just plain ineffective. I assume that there is a modicum of intelligence within politicans (after all, they did manage to get themselves elected and even the fact they recognize what is going on proves it). But what keeps them from taking the initiative/doing something constructive? Because it may be political suicide? I find that a rather selfish view, but then again, that may be all there is to it, improving oneself at the expense of another.
Shadowed Aegis is offline   Reply With Quote