View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 10:48 AM   #17
Mr.Doobie

Am I the only guy who thinks 70's New York punk was the coolest, and that since then punk has been more or less stagnating in a pool of uncreative sheeple?

I mean, my area is just kind of made up of the same tired cliches preaching the same political doctrine that I don't feel they entirely understand, playing really bad music, and being "TTL STR8EDGE HXC 4EVUH" douche canoes?

Either that, or they're pop punky little kids that have irony fetishes of hipster proportions.

I dunno, maybe my primary problem is that most punks I've met have had rather limited musical taste and are proud of this. The most diverse music they will listen to is reggae/ska, and that's only because Joe Strummer said it was cool, and even then they'll only listen to Choking Victim or Streetlight Manifesto, or other all white punk bands that dilute their reggae/ska with punk. That shits cool and stuff, but it just ain't reggae, and I feel like most punks who have said they like reggae are nearly as bad as your average college age bro who says he loves reggae but has only ever listened to Bob Marley's "Legend" compilation.