View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 04:43 PM   #441
Ben Lahnger

Still trying to master DC Universe Online while playing on a 24 inch standard-definition television ... I need to make some money so I can afford to get the big screen TV repaired. Because I can't read half of the text on the screen, and chat (which a MMORPG pretty much depends on) is impossible to use. But I've built a character up to level 16 all on solo missions by playing an hour here and an hour there, so it's not too bad. I really like the game.

Also, I've advanced in Duke Nukem Forever to the point where I have free roam of a strip club. I'm trying to make sure I explore everyone ... er, I mean everything ... before I move on to the next level. I actually think I just lack the 5 digit door code, which would let me into the locked office for an additional ego boost.

The guy playing the game to make this video of the Mission 8: Titty City level has no clue how to play this thing.

Yeah, the reviews are right. The graphics are a few years behind the times, the game controls are awkward and overall it looks more like a 2001 video game than a 2011 video game. The game was delayed for something like 13-14 years, so it's a wonder it ever came out. And it really isn't sexy, but then I've never seen anything composed of polygons that was.

And yet, the attitude and Duke's over-the-top dialog still amuse me.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote