View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 07:24 PM   #72
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
You guys keep forgetting about wikipedia, they've got a nice list of gothic rock bands there.

As for you Naunet, I will be keeping a close eye on you, though don't take that in a negative way if you would please. I am actually an Aspergerian myself, diagnosed back in 04, mere months before this whole autism craze swept the nation. In the 4 years I have been a member of these forums I have seen quite a few autistics come and go, their leaving not because of any long term issues really, but more of just the natural ebb and flow of members. Perhaps if you stick around long enough, you'll meet some of them when they pop in now and again.

The reason why Graus the lovely woman that she is, took on such an ugly mood at the thought of someone possibly falsely claiming such a diagnosis is because both of her two children are on the spectrum as well. While such a topic is quite personal to me as well for obvious reasons, I suspect not even heaven nor Hell would save the poor fool that dares mess with that Bitch's cubs.*I say bitch in reference to the female wolf, not out of disrespect, but respect for you Graus*

Finally a few words of advice for you, until you acclimate to the behavior and mood here, handle yourself with a considerable amount of humility. When an an argument arises, or a troll pops his head in, don't go rushing in or you may find yourself overwhelmed. Sometimes trolls find a home here, and that's ok, sometimes as it can be all in good fun, and other times they'll simply get bored and leave of their own volition. NEVER resort to threats, or you'll find yourself spit out faster than Ipecac. Sometimes this forum tests the thickest skinned warrior, but it has it's great moments as well. I remember for just a few examples(there are too many to name them all) how proud and happy HumainePain was when his grandson was born, or all the times we get together to help support a member in need, or the time when Sekhmet posted pictures of her.... heh nvm that last part. When it comes down to it, in my mind, at the end of the day, it's stuff like that which makes being here worth it.

I know that all sounds rather overly cheesy, but hey, I'm from Wisconsin, cheese is what we do. Welcome to the forums.

Though you really should post a proper intro in the intro section of the forums.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote