View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 12:23 AM   #181
x-deviant-x

I understand that Alan. That's completely not the point. The point is Hebrews did not just dream up the concept of lil on their own. The babylonian concept morphed into the hebrew concept over time. Lilitu is babylonian, much older than hebrew. Lilim is Hebrew. They both represent virtually the same thing. But if you choose to believe they're entirely unrelated, completely against all the evidence that says otherwise, so be it.

I'm by no means saying you're wrong Saya. You definitely have a much better understanding of religions than I do and I never intended this to become a week-long argument. All I was doing is defending my position on the subject after being attacked for "not knowing shit". I don't understand why it's so difficult to accept that Hebrews borrowed their beliefs from an amalgamation of older beliefs. No one is saying they sat down and wrote Genesis in a day, or any other portion of the bible in such a way. But to completely disregard the fact that so many of the elements in genesis, and other books, to an extent, mirror much older myths, to me, is asinine. They tell the same stories because they lived in the same neighborhood. But whatever. I'll continue doing my own research. I'm not gonna argue about this anymore cause it's making me want to strangle bunny rabbits in front of little kids on easter sunday.
x-deviant-x is offline   Reply With Quote