View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 03:43 PM   #48
AshleyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Chinese thread, and the times you've handwaved when I've mentioned liberation theology as a legitimate form of Marxism.
Allow me to clarify that. I don't question the legitimacy of that brand of Marxism. I'm more than able to recognize that there's several flavors about it. It's that I have a very hard line distrust of magical thinking from Evangelicals wanting to spread Christianity by the sword (blatantly obvious as to why I don't trust that), to those that become Marxist BECAUSE of their spirituality or religion (a Marxism based on hearsay and magical thinking that ISN'T honest enough for my liking, but in a pinch is ENOUGH).

Actually, BECAUSE of my inherent bigotry against magical thinking, I tend to err more on the side of NOT speaking up about it anymore.

As far as the Chinese thread goes, I'm able to chalk that up to my terrible ignorance of the subject and had no business saying anything about it in the first place.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote