View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 06:09 AM   #11
Miss Absynthe

Aww... our work is being graded by spambots now. How cute.

But, back to the thread...

I've always referred to myself as a lesbian or dyke, but this does not necessarily mean that I am only attracted to women. In certain contexts I find myself not only attracted to men, but ONLY attracted to men. This confused me for a long time, because I didn't (and still don't) identify as being bisexual.

Although I have adjusted my view now, I used to think that someone who identified as bisexual had an equal attraction to male and female, and I knew that this wasn't the way that I viewed my sexuality.

I like the term pansexual, because it has a space within it for a fluid and organic growth of my sexuality, it also doesn't cater to the idea of a gender binary - and as someone who doesn't feel that they fit into that binary, and who finds themselves attracted to people who aren't cis-gendered (not because they aren't cis-gendered - I don't fetishize gender diversity, but because I am blessed to know a number of trans*, non-gendered and intersex people who are totes amazing and very lickable!) I find this term very helpful.
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote