View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 01:41 AM   #18
x-deviant-x

So is anyone still watching AHS?

I was losing interest there for an episode or two, but this week's installment really ramped it up for me. So many story lines are coming to a head. There's only 3 episodes left in this season, with the finale being 90 minutes, cut down from an original 2 hours. It's been renewed for a 2nd season, and I have a feeling it will introduce a new family to the house.

Watching it this week, I'm realizing how this show is truly a reinterpretation of all the classics that have shaped American horror, and in my opinion, its been done in a pretty damned brilliant way. From Jason Vorhees to Michael Myers and Freddy Kreuger, from the Addams Family to Amityville, Psycho, Final Destination, Scream, you name it, there's even some Anne Rice's Lasher in the pot. Every character is compelling and they all have their secrets. I'm really enjoying how all those classic characters are being retold here, given new life and tied together.

Early on my brother speculated that the whole family is actually dead, and I disagreed initially but now I'm not so sure. I don't think everyone is, but a couple of them yes, and the other, just completely fucked up. I can't go into detail why I think this without spoiling bits for for those who haven't seen it yet, but the show is definitely dropping clues that this may very well be the case. Is anyone else watching it picking up on that?
x-deviant-x is offline   Reply With Quote