View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 08:06 PM   #13
AshleyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-deviant-x View Post
Ashley, I'm not lying when I said I proclaimed to be an atheist, so I'm not sure what your argument is.
You proclaimed to be an atheist. But you were lying in the time that you said you were an atheist. The charges you level against atheism rings more true about your character and possibly your anger against other religions than any real understanding of what an atheist is.

Quote:
Any system of beliefs is a religion. Atheism is your religion. Science is a religion. Whatever it is you believe to be true is your religion. So to argue that "religion is stupid" is to argue that belief in anything at all is stupid.
...You seriously don't know what atheism is. Atheism ISN'T a belief. It's a lack of belief in gods. Religion requires a creed, a code, and at least a ritual. None of this applies to atheism. Atheism has no creed and no code. It simply IS just a lack of belief in gods. Some atheists can go so far as to reject the idea of the supernatural outright such as myself. Atheism is at best a conclusion one draws about gods or even the supernatural after examining the empirical evidence. It doesn't take faith to lack a faith in gods.

You're an atheist in regards to perhaps Odin, Vishnu, Astarte, Diana, ect. Your non-belief on those gods extends all the way to a terminal state of non-belief in all things pertaining to gods or positive claims of supernatural events. This isn't a faith.

If you insist that it's a faith, please show me where my creed is. Please point me to my scriptures, and please point me to my churches.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote