Thread: Hello there.
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 11:51 PM   #1
Isis

Hello there.

Hi, I'm new (shock horror!).

I've sticky nosed these forums before today, as they sometimes pop-up from random Googling. So I thought I'd sign-up! Why not?

I'm awful at introductions. So sorry about that. I'll use some of the suggested questions to help flesh this out a bit. But since this is a Gothic forum I guess I should confront the age old question...

Am I Goth? Well... I honestly don't know. I've never been good at sticking myself to any label, so I guess you can decide that for yourselves! I do, however, know that I have a strong interest in various aspects of the culture.

Now for some of the staple questions!

What do I do? I'm a Uni student in Psychology / Arts. I also have an interest in Belly dancing, and am a bit of a homebody.

Where am I from? Australia. Not my favorite place, but hey, it could be a lot worse.

Who is my favorite author? I'll be honest about this... I don't read as much as I'd like, so I can't really answer this question properly. Not to say I don't like reading, but, I find it hard to motivate myself to get into a book - once I start reading I usually rather enjoy it.

What music do I want played at my wedding? At my funeral? For a wedding, probably some Hannah Fury or Rhea's Obsession - gentle, softer music. For a funeral? Well... Something upbeat, mood-lifting. Voltaire maybe?

What kind of casket would I want? Onyx, with silver brocade-style (there's probably a better word for this...) patterned edging.

What's my favorite band? I like all kinds of music, to pick one would be regrettable. As previously mentioned, I love Voltaire and Rhea's Obsession. I also listen bands such as early-Tristania, Collide, Inkubus Sukkubus, Lesbian Bed Death, Mephisto Walz, Beats Antique, Sins of Thy Beloved, 45 Grave, Siebenburgen, Miranda Sex Garden, Draconian, Bella Lune, Rising Shadows, etc. Namely female singers with potent (often atmospheric) backing music.

Why did I join? ... I honestly don't know! Though I don't have a huge amount of people in my area with similar interests... so it could be nice to find some people with shared interest. Oh, and I'm a girl, in case you were wondering.

TLDR; Hi, I'm all new and stuff.
Isis is offline   Reply With Quote