View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 02:54 PM   #216
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
I'll give you this one. I just find it very hard not to talk about things that I consider important, and this is something which is VERY important to me, though clearly not as important as it is to you. I'd perfer it if you or someone like you would show up at occupy and make the descision for me. From what I know, there are people already on this, but once again I don't want to sit by if I can help in some way.

Also, unfortunately, I as a person, am not good at knowing my place. I've never been good at it, and I actually have a problem with the idea that people have "places".

Does this make me a dick? Sometimes, but I do have a distinct problem with the idea that certain people can't talk about certain things - that communication can't happen, and that there are things beyond my ken.
Quote:
But that's not what I'm thinking. I'm confused with how you got that.
Because half your post was about the media's interaction with Occupy. In fact, I don't think it's a stretch to say that's what your post was exclusively about.

Quote:
I'm concerned with how occupy LOOKS because the media is doing it's damndest to make it LOOK more oppressive than it is, specifically so people like you won't give it a chance.
I don't think you should care about how Occupy looks. Care about how it is. Remember when you said that the media was picking up on those problems and amplifying them? If that is true, then they won't have anything to pick up on once those problems aren't present anymore. And if you feel that the media will still play a song that it's founded in reality, there's nothing you can really do about it, anyway.

Saya and I have decided that you are like me when Stern bashes America, but with Occupy. My reaction is typically "Every country does that." But it doesn't make his criticism any less valid.

Quote:
Yes, that's because he's stupid.
But he could be anybody.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote