View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #228
Jonathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
I understand there there is a difference between "This is not important" and "This is not as important."

What I am saying is that how things WERE has absolutely nothing to do with how things ARE. It is not ANY kind of evidence that a CURRENT problem is worse then ANOTHER CURRENT problem. Literally, your entire argument is "This is BETTER then it used to be, and therefor it is less of a problem then THIS."

Jonathan, what the flying fuck does racism's improvement have to do with racism's current impact?

Because I'm pretty sure you mentioned racism's improvement in your opening argument in the "white people are hilarious thread" in order to marginalize and ignore it's current impact, rather then actually dispute it or disprove it.
No my "argument" was I can point to things like http://www.eeoc.gov/facts/qanda.html and show that society has agreed discriminating against people on criteria like race is wrong. What I can't do is see any prohibition against selection based on education level or economic standing. In the past that wasn't the case.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote