View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #236
Jonathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
It does not show that society has agreed to minimize racism, it shows me that society has agreed to change how to enforce it. I have already told you that outlining a person's race is no longer the ideology that reinforces the social structure. It is by applying abstract liberalism, making justifications with naturalism, assuming cultural uniformity and inferiority, and marginalizations that currently accomplishes that. Overt discrimination isn't used anymore, and to use that ideology that reinforced the social structure before the civil rights movement as a basis for current racial acceptance in the direct face of everything that I have shown you is something I have already said that you do without any evidence.

And again, I ask you to tell me how an improvement over one facet of racism over time says anything about the total impact of racism currently.
An improvement in one part of a problem lessens the overall impact of a problem. Otherwise it wouldn't be an improvement, would it? If you can only see progress in all-or-nothing terms, then good luck Sisyphus.

I can't recall making any naturalistic arguments, assuming cultural uniformity or inferiority, nor have I attempted to relegate anyone to a lower social standing.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote