Thread: Rant Thread II
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 01:41 PM   #7785
Miss Absynthe

I get it a lot, and I've started being more harsh on my call outs.

A friend pointed out to me that when you call someone out on something, they are very rarely going to be educated in that moment because they feel embarrassed and defensive, but the people who are watching the interaction will learn a lot. He also said that the people who are watching the interaction might learn less (or be motivated to think about things less) if you present a clear concise argument as opposed to you talking about how a comment affects you personally, but talk about it in a clear and concise way.

So I tend to say things like "Thanks for your opinion on that.. perhaps if I knew that I could have stopped an assault by dressing differently I wouldn't have worn my school uniform, because honestly it IS ridiculous for a kid to expect an adult to be able to not fuck her."

And when they start back-peddling over that one I follow up with "Ooh.. so we can expect a rrapist to be able to not assault a child, but we can't expect them to not assault an adult? Or do we pretty much agree that it isn't acceptable for a person to rrape anybody. At all. Ever?"
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote