Thread: Rant Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2006, 08:25 PM   #1578
FenrisQueen

If I knew you better Mortalitas, I would offer my assistance in such a matter.

Onto my...not really a rant, but here goes.
My friends Dave and Jack are the coolest, most open people I know. Their parents are the best. I found out that Tish, their mom had a heart attack the night before yesterday. Fuck. Fuckity fucking FUCK. This lady, is the kindest, sweetest lady ever. I remember the first time I met her at their house, and she just hugged me and told me she remembered me, because she had gone to pick up Jack and Dave, in a black velvet dress, hi-lace boots, and lots of jewelry, and I was the only kid that smiled at her. (I thought she looked awesome.) She always makes me feel welcome, and she's just got this vibe of energy, ya know?
And now she's in a coma.
I don't cry a lot. I haven't really felt strongly enough about anything since Adam died. But tonight I can't stop, because we went to the hospital and she just looked so fragile and pale. And her husband doesn't deserve to go through this. Neither do Jack and Dave. So I made cookies and brownies, and I acted like the concerned friend, a pillar of support for my friends.
While I was breaking inside.
I can't do this again. I can't go through losing someone else. And now I know if she dies I'll just go through the same spiral of depression that happened when Adam died, and I don't want to be like that again.
I hate this.
Truth, justice, honor...none of that's worth shit. What matters is people, and people aren't honest or just or honorable. They're petty and they're angry and they're afraid, and all anyone really wants, deep down, is to be wanted. And what's truth to that?